Re: understanding prowler-xsp

Lars Martin wrote:

> >I am interested in writing my diplom about prowler.
> >Where do you need help?
> >We at ifbus were thinking about a RDBMS-Adapter.
>
> An adapter for any kind of SQL/JDBC/RDBMS would be great. You may
> have a look at the ProwlerDocumentAdapter.java and ProwlerMailAdapter.java
> which are good starting points for a new content adapter.

had a look at prowlerMailAdapter.forDocuments(session, url).
Would be quite simply to make a adapterspecific url which
contains the sql-statement. Writing to to DB could be
done with the same function, but would return a empty doc
(like <query> insert into mit ... <query> in cocoon-sql)

If i knew how to access a resource via xsp or swing-example,
I could start coding immediately. I allready have a root doc.
(build.xml it was the first xml-file i stumbled about.
But now I would like to get rid of it, but this fails
with the xsp-example.)

BTW it needs quite a long time to acces my root-doc build.xml.
It was so slow, that I got quite frustrated.
Why not access ozone-objects directly via xsp?
The dream of a generic xml-access-layer is nice, but
maybe it is just too slow.

--
Thomas Guettler <guettli@interface-business.de>
http://www.interface-business.de