Re: [Glims-develop] ozone database

The error you are getting is something like:
org/ozoneDB/tools/Install
?

I haven't been able to isolate this, but I'm running the
CVS code and using an ant build.  I think you are right,
that it is a classpath problem, my current classpath looks like

 echo $CLASSPATH
CLASSPATH$:.:/home/rob/ozone_home:/home/rob/ozone_home/bin:/home/rob/ozone_home/org/ozoneDB/tools
 (the dot is there because it's in the INSTALL to try and run the simple
sample, and that you need to add . to the classpath.

I'm cc'ing this to the ozone folks and maybe they can help us.

RobK

On Sunday 14 January 2001 09:32, you wrote:
> On Saturday 13 January 2001 19:18, you wrote:
> > I down loaded the ozone database but I am having troubles getting in
> > properly installed.  I'm running Redhat 6.2 Linux.  I solved one
> > problem. I don't have Jikes. I use the JDK 1.2.2.  I had to change the
> > Makefile.env by uncommenting the javac portion and commenting out the
> > Jikes portion.
>
> I've had my own problems, I haven't tried it in a while.
> The things I can recomend is:
> 1) Did you try the ant scripts instead of the make file?
> 2) Did you set all the env varibles they recommend?
> 3) Did you download from the CVS or the .zip.  THe code in the cvs tends to
> be a little more bug free.
>
> > I think part of the problem is how I have the classpaths set up.  Setting
> > classpaths is the one thing I dislike about Java.
>
> Yeah, Class paths are not very cool.  They are working on this with 1.3,
> but their solution is not well documented(sp? -- no coffee yet this
> morning... :) ) nor very compatible with older versions.
>
> > The ozone documentation is very weak at this point also.  I understand
> > that ozone is a work in progress so the documentation will improve over
> > time.  I did join the ozone users mailing list and was reading the back
> > archives but I still haven't figured out how this db installs.
>
> Well, if you pass the errors you are getting on to me maybe we can muddle
> through them.
>
> > What are you running?  I sure would apprecicate any pointers on properly
> > installing ozone.
>
> My desktop runs Mandrak 7.2 I'll try getting ozone running on that today.
> My eventual ozone server is a debian-ppc machine.  Unfourtunately, it's not
> on the homenetwork yet...
>
> I'll let you know what I run into.

Rob Knapp
GLIMS Project