Re: Questions!

Jonaki, the address of the mail list is ozone-users@ozone-db.org ...

On Mon, 05 Mar 2001, Jonaki Ray wrote:
> Hi,
> I am sorry about that. Here is the mail again.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jonaki
>
> Hi,
>
> I just started reading about ozone and it seems really interesting. I have some basic newbie questions:
>
> .I would like to subscribe to this list but the link on the web page ddoesn't seem to be working. Will this email be sufficient or do I need to send an email somewhere else as well?
Lars maintains the mail lists. Are there any problems, Lars?

> . The opp command is working but seems to hang. For ex. if I give
> oopp CattellImpl I get
> CattellImpl:
> creating .\CattellImpl_Proxy.java ...
> update methods:
> trying to process Cattell.java... (Cattell.java)
> trying to process CattellImpl.ocd
> delete ("int")
> insert ("int")
> addParts ("int")
> connectParts ("int")
> compiling .\CattellImpl_Proxy.java
> compiler: javac
>
> and then it seems to hang. If I wait long enough and terminate the process it seems to have compiled and created the proxy file. (I am working on Windows OS).
Since I don't work on win I don't have an idea whats going on. Did others
encounter this problem?
What version do you use?

> . I was working with the samples-oo1 and I noticed that
> aa) if I give the noGui option, it doesn't seem to take the commandline args.  I finally figured out that if I give the commandline arguments as -benchmark1 -size3 (and so on) and alter the
> filterAndApplyArgs( String[] args) method in oo1BenchmarkApp.java ( in org/ozoneDB/tools) it works.
> the alteration is:
> benchmarkId = new Integer( args[i].substring[10] ) ).intValue(); and so on for the other args aswell.
Hmmm... nobody has been complaining about the win start scripts for a long time
now. Again, do other win users have problems?

> b) if I don't give the -noGui option the applet starts but was giving a java.net error:"localhost:3333 not known".
> I found that in the method actionPerformed( ActionEvent e ) (same file as above) the line
>
> String[] args = {-benchmark=" + test,..,"-host=" + server + ":" + port);  should not have the +port option since it reads the serverHost as localhost:3333 and not as localhost alone.
>
> I wonder if anyone else had the same experience.
>
> . Finally, I was wondering if there are other people who have just started
> wworking with ozone so that I could exchange these basic issues and questions
> with them? Most of the questions seem to be from people who have been working
> with ozone for a longer period:)
No problem. Send your questions to this list.