Re: List of sites/products using ozone

On Tue, 06 Mar 2001, prashanth wrote:
> >%_Hi,
>
> I tried to store a xml file of 4MB but it gave an Exception : thread must have joined a transaction ;before commiting and aborted.
> but i am able to store 3MB xml files without any problems??.
> does it mean that ozone cannot handle xml files equal to > 4MB.?

There is no such limitation. The biggest XML file I ever stored in ozone was
4.4MB but I didn't encounter any problems with that. Please try to increase the
heap size of the ozone VM. For example: ozone -d<database> -Xmx64000000

> Can I get details regarding the list of sites and/or products using OZONE??

So far, only the GLIMS project, which is listed at the ozonies page, found the
time to give us feedback about the usage of ozone in their project.

Are there any new projects?

> I want to know the kind of applications ozone is being used with and the
> amount of data being handled ??.
> It would be very helpful.

Indeed!

> Is there any concept of connection pooling??

Yes. ExternalDatabase handles a pool of connections which are assigned to
threads just when this thread actually executes database related code. Note
that this scales much better than JDBC2 connection pooling for example. Ozone
assigns a connection to a thread for _each_single_ request! So for a typical
servlet application that connects a ozone database on a remote host in most
cases no more than 10 actual connections are needed to serve about 100 servlet
threads. All this is completely transparent to the client programmer.