Re: on objectOfClass method and listing of Db contents

>> On a more serious note, I think it's perfectly possible to provide a
>> lowish-mid-level API/interface that is happy with either an underlying
>> relational or object database without sacrificing speed;
>
>Yes, this is possible. The questions is, is your API real OO?

Well yes; but it's a restricted set of objects. Rather than taking a
generalist route, you do something along the lines of a three class set:

Data: holds Descriptors
Descriptor: holds a single piece of information
Relationship: describes a relationship between two Data objects

Pretty much anything you like can be described in terms of objects (Data)
with name-value attributes (Descriptors) that are linked with each other in
some way (Relationships). This particular structuring also translates into
relational database storage fairly conveniently provided that every object
is understood to have a unique ID. So you have three interfaces (and three
ozone implementations), some sort of object manager class, and a factory
class for generating object managers.

Ozone does offer some nice benefits in this scheme, such as being able to
run costly relationship-following recursive deletion routines entirely
within the database server.

Reason
http://www.exratio.com/