Re: troubles building 0.6.1

On Sunday, March 25, 2001, at 06:49 , Falko Braeutigam wrote:

> Probably because they use the Ant build system (build.xml) or the
> Makefile to
> build ozone ;) Just compiling all *.java files is not enough. Some Castor
> mapping classes have to be generated, OPP has to be compiled before it
> can be
> used to build proxies, and (and this is your actual problem) there are
> source
> files included in the package that must not be compiled because they are
> out of
> synch with the rest of the source tree.

Today I removed my ozone-directory and did a clean 'cvs co ozone' and
tried to compile it:

[blue:Scream/Projects/ozone-cvs] am% setenv CVSROOT
:pserver:anoncvs@cvs.smb-tec.com:/raid/Repository
[blue:Scream/Projects/ozone-cvs] am% cvs co ozone
cvs server: Updating ozone
U ozone/CHANGES
U ozone/GPL
U ozone/INSTALL
U ozone/LGPL
U ozone/LICENSE.ozone
U ozone/Makefile
U ozone/Makefile.env
[blablabla]
U ozone/samples/simple/README
U ozone/samples/simple/build.xml
U ozone/samples/simple/wipeout.project
[blue:Scream/Projects/ozone-cvs] am% cd ozone
[blue:Projects/ozone-cvs/ozone] am% echo $OZONE_HOME
/Volumes/Scream/Projects/ozone-cvs/ozone
[blue:Projects/ozone-cvs/ozone] am% echo $OZONE_JAVAC
javac
[blue:Projects/ozone-cvs/ozone] am% echo $JAVA_HOME
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Home
[blue:Projects/ozone-cvs/ozone] am% ./build.sh
Buildfile: build.xml
Project base dir set to: /Volumes/Scream/Projects/ozone-cvs/ozone
Executing Target: init
Executing Target: prepare
Executing Target: DxLib
Compiling 63 source files to /Volumes/Scream/Projects/ozone-cvs/ozone
Note: 2 files use or override a deprecated API.  Recompile with
"-deprecation" for details.
1 warning
Executing Target: org.ozoneDB.tools
Compiling 10 source files to /Volumes/Scream/Projects/ozone-cvs/ozone
/Volumes/Scream/Projects/ozone-
cvs/ozone/org/ozoneDB/xml/util/SAXChunkConsumer.java:286: Method
createElementNS(java.lang.String, java.lang.String) not found in interface
org.w3c.dom.Document.
             newElem = domFactory.createElementNS(_namespaceURI, _rawName);
                                                 ^
/Volumes/Scream/Projects/ozone-
cvs/ozone/org/ozoneDB/xml/util/SAXChunkConsumer.java:290: Method
setAttributeNS(java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.lang.String) not
found in interface org.w3c.dom.Element.
                 newElem.setAttributeNS(_atts.getURI(i), _atts.getQName(i),
_atts.getValue(i));
                                       ^
/Volumes/Scream/Projects/ozone-
cvs/ozone/org/ozoneDB/xml/util/SAXChunkProducer.java:294: Method
getNamespaceURI() not found in interface org.w3c.dom.Element.
                     uri = domLevel2 ? elem.getNamespaceURI() : "";
                                                           ^
/Volumes/Scream/Projects/ozone-
cvs/ozone/org/ozoneDB/xml/util/SAXChunkProducer.java:296: Method
getLocalName() not found in interface org.w3c.dom.Element.
                     lName = domLevel2 ? elem.getLocalName() : qName;
                                                          ^
/Volumes/Scream/Projects/ozone-
cvs/ozone/org/ozoneDB/xml/util/SAXChunkProducer.java:340: Method
getNamespaceURI() not found in interface org.w3c.dom.Element.
                     uri = domLevel2 ? elem.getNamespaceURI() : "";
                                                           ^
/Volumes/Scream/Projects/ozone-
cvs/ozone/org/ozoneDB/xml/util/SAXChunkProducer.java:342: Method
getLocalName() not found in interface org.w3c.dom.Element.
                     lName = domLevel2 ? elem.getLocalName() : qName;
                                                          ^
/Volumes/Scream/Projects/ozone-
cvs/ozone/org/ozoneDB/xml/util/SAXChunkProducer.java:461: Method
getNamespaceURI() not found in interface org.w3c.dom.Node.
             String uri = domLevel2 ? node.getNamespaceURI() : "";
                                                          ^
/Volumes/Scream/Projects/ozone-
cvs/ozone/org/ozoneDB/xml/util/SAXChunkProducer.java:463: Method
getLocalName() not found in interface org.w3c.dom.Node.
             String lName = domLevel2 ? node.getLocalName() : qName;
                                                         ^
Note: 3 files use or override a deprecated API.  Recompile with
"-deprecation" for details.
8 errors, 1 warning
BUILD FATAL ERROR: Compile failed, messages should have been provided.
[blue:Projects/ozone-cvs/ozone] am%

What's wrong here?

andy
--