Ozone should exit cleanly upon control-C

I have noticed that datafile corruption may occur when an ozone Server
instance is aborted brutally (for example, by doing control-C, or by
doing kill -STOP <ozone_process_number> on Unix).

Is it possible to implement Runtime.addShutdownHook( Thread _hook) ?
This method is available in the JDK1.3 only. It enables the JVM to exit
cleanly in case of such "unclean"  process abortion.

I will fist try it on my own machine (Solaris 8 on Intel), will then
report back.

--
Jan van Oort

Database Fire Fighter