RE: Installation Problem: solution

Concisely, you need to:

1) Install JDK1.3.

2) get Ozone from www.ozone-db.org

3) Follow Ozone installation instructions for environment variable setting.

4) Add every JAR file in Ozone /bin directory to the classpath; make sure
the %JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\rt.jar and %JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar are there also.
Additionally, add the ozone home directory and "." to the classpath.

5) Continue with Ozone instructions. You may have to edit build.bat in
Windows to replace line feeds. If so, open up the build.bat batch file in
notepad and replace all the ugly block-like things with carriage returns.

6) If you get some variety of "out of environment space" error in Windows,
you may also have to edit the Config.sys and config.dos files to amend/add
the line "SHELL=COMMAND.COM /U:4096 /E:4096 /P". You should also follow the
instructions at

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q105/6/68.asp?LN=EN-US&SD=g
n&FR=0&qry=environment%20space&rnk=2&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_srcH&SPR=MSALL

for editing system.ini.

7) Editing the classpath in Win95/98 involves putting "set blah = value"
commands in autoexec.bat (usually in C:\, I believe) and rebooting.

(And this brief doc should probably end up in the next version package as
windows_people_read_this.now or somesuch).

I downloaded and installed ant myself, but you shouldn't have to, provided
that you include the ant.jar from %OZONE_HOME%\bin in the classpath.

Reason