Re: storing large XML Documents

Hi,

On Mon, 29 May 2000, Hannes Wildruf wrote:
> does anybody know how to store large documents that have more than 2 MB??
> I always get Exception:
> 'org.ozoneDB.TransactionExc: org.ozoneDB.OzoneInternalExc:
> java.io.IOException: Unable to rename shadow file.' when using saxParse.
> Using DomParse it runs out of Memory.

some days ago I've explained the differences between Store.java and
SAXStore.java. It was about scalability and memory usage. So the OutOfMemory
exception is understandable in your case of 2MB XML.

The exception you've got is not a problem of the XML part of ozone IMO. I will
check this with Falko.

Infact we use the Shakespeare and religion XML testsuite all over the day and
didn't run in trouble yet.

Regards,
Lars
Lars Martin                         mailto:lars@softwarebuero.de