RE: Indexing XML documents

I think this may be possible with a middleware that sits between XT
and Ozone-DB, if I understood your suggestion correctly.

> There are no _free_ third party products out there which
> provide indexing of
> XML data. Or did I miss something?

No. I could not find anything out there.

> The problem I see is to combine the third party XPath
> product (like XT) with the
> generated index stored in ozone. So you have to extend or
> at least to patch the
> query engine to react on queries where an index exists. The
> best way would be
> a proposal (what about an W3C Draft written by ozone users
> ;-) for an indexing
> interface which can be plugged into any XPath engine.

Hey, I like the idea of a W3C draft type document for an indexing
interface. I would like to contribute to that document from a
requirements point of view. Any other volunteers. I am sure that other
people in the XML community would also be glad to contribute.