Re: DOM: Document.createElement() - AbstractMethodError

Hi,

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Manfred Seitter wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I simply try to modify a XML document thats already stored in the OzoneDB. I
> call the "Document.createElement()" method and on the server-side an
> "AbstractMethodException" is thrown.
>
> Here's the code snippet.
>
>     infoTreeDoc = (Document)
> database.objectForName( INFOTREE_NAME );
>              }
>
>    int id = 0;
>    Node curNode;
>
>    if( infoTreeDoc instanceof Document )
>    {
> //    curNode = infoTreeDoc.createAttribute( "an
> attribute" );
> //    curNode = infoTreeDoc.createTextNode( "just a
> textnode" );
> //    curNode = infoTreeDoc.createComment( "just a
> comment" );
>     curNode = infoTreeDoc.createElement(
> "rootElement" );
> //    curNode =
> infoTreeDoc.createProcessingInstruction( "target", "data" );
> //    curNode = infoTreeDoc.createEntityReference(
> "data" );
> //    curNode = infoTreeDoc.createCDATASection(
> "data" );
>
> //    ( (Element)curNode ).setAttribute( "id", new
> Integer( id ).toString() );
> //    infoTreeDoc.appendChild( curNode );
>
>     /* build a demo tree */
>     int maxLength = 5;
>     int maxDepth = 3;
> //    buildTree( curElement, 0, maxDepth, maxLength
> );
>    }
> and thats the exception raised on the serverside
> [info] (396) InvokeServer: connection established...
> [info] (001) InvokeServer: user logged in: root
> [warn] (001) Transaction: ta(-93): uncaught exception: (java.lang.AbstractMet
> Error)
>     java.lang.AbstractMethodError
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
>         at org.ozoneDB.core.AbstractObjectContainer.invokeTarget(AbstractObje
>             ctContainer.java:204)
>         at org.ozoneDB.core.Transaction.invokeObject(Transaction.java:463)
>         at org.ozoneDB.core.DbRemote.DbInvoke.perform(DbInvoke.java:61)
>         at org.ozoneDB.core.Transaction.performCommand(Transaction.java:217)
>         at org.ozoneDB.core.TransactionManager.performCommand(TransactionMana
>             ger.java:316)
>         at org.ozoneDB.core.TransactionManager.completeTransaction(Transactio
>             nManager.java:285)
>         at org.ozoneDB.core.TransactionManager.handleCommand(TransactionManag
>             er.java:203)
>         at org.ozoneDB.core.InvokeServer.handleClientEvent(InvokeServer.java:
>             77)
>         at org.ozoneDB.DxLib.net.DxMultiServerClient.run(DxMultiServerClient.
>             java:37)
>
> Perhaps someone of you got an idea? (I've already checked my classpath to
> ensure the use of xerces that is delivered with ozone)
>
> Environment: OZONE 5.1 / Win32 / SUN JDK1.3
>
> Thanks in advance ... Fred

I see no XML problem with your code so I assume that this is caused by the JDK
1.3 and/or an internal ozone database error. Falko?

Lars
Lars Martin                                lars@softwarebuero.de
SMB GmbH                             http://www.softwarebuero.de