RE: Re[2]: Ozone won't shutdown...

On Sat, 12 Aug 2000, Falko Braeutigam wrote:
> I've fixed the problem that caused the server to hang after correct shutdown.
> It's in the CVS. You just need to update org.ozoneDB.core.Server.
>
> However, there are still problem if the server receives the shutdown signal
> and there are still active client connections. I will try to look into this.

Okay, I've just checked in some changes that allow to savely shutdown the server
while client connections are present. All the pending transactions are aborted.
After all transactions are aborted the server goes down.

I thought about giving the pending transactions a chance to commit instead
abort but decided that the TransactionManager.shutdown() method, which is
responsible for this, has to shutdown no matter what. Softer alternatives could
be provided by a GUI admin tool (which isn't there, I know).

Falko