Re: Re: Problems while compiling Ozone 0.5.4

Hi,

Lars Martin <lars@smb-tec.com> schrieb am 16.08.00:
> Hi Ronald,
>
> On Mit, 16 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I try to compile the Ozone-DB 0.5.4 with Java 1.3 form IBM (on WinNT). I use 'ant' on the command line and I see the following output:

[---big text part cut---]

> > C:\jclasses\ozone-0.5.4\org\ozoneDB\xml\dom\AttrImpl.java:58: class org.ozoneDB.xml.dom.AttrImpl must be declared abstract. It does
> > not define java.lang.String getLocalName() from interface org.w3c.dom.Node.
> > public final class AttrImpl extends NodeImpl
> >
> > ---cut---
> >
> > The compile-process will be terminate with errors.
> >
> > I have following environment-variables set:
> > Classpath=c:\jclasses\ozone-0.5.4;.\.;
> > java_home=c:\java13
> > ozone_home=c:\jclasses\ozone-0.5.4
> > Ozone_javac=c:\java13\bin\javac
> >
> > Can anyone help me?
>
> OzoneXML implements the W3C DOM Level 1 interface. The w3c-dom.jar contains
> this API. The Apache Xerces (xerces.jar) implements W3C DOM Level 2 and comes
> with the needed W3C DOM Level 2 interfaces. If you want to compile the ozone
> sources you have to ensure that w3c-dom.jar is loaded _before_ xerces.jar. This
> is realised in build.xml - where w3c-dom.jar is added to the classpath befor
> xerces.jar.
>
> Are you sure that you don't have set any other CLASSPATH environment?

I have really the Classpath set only to c:\jclasses\ozone-0.5.4
The problem is following: it's exits a xerces.jar on the System-Classpath of the JDK 1.3 from IBM. This jar-file will be used FIRST!

I have today download the 0.5.5 Version and compiled under JDK 1.1.8 (from IBM too). I had a little trouble with the ...NodeImpl.java, but now it's work.
The next day's I will test it.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Ronald