Re: Re: Problems while compiling Ozone 0.5.4

Hi,

On Don, 17 Aug 2000, Ronald Joseph wrote:
> I have really the Classpath set only to c:\jclasses\ozone-0.5.4
> The problem is following: it's exits a xerces.jar on the System-Classpath of the JDK 1.3 from IBM. This jar-file will be used FIRST!

Thanks for this very important hint. I didn't know that the JDK 1.3 from IBM
comes with an own xerces.jar. And I presume that this jar file contains the
W3C DOM interfaces?!

We all should try to implement the new XML storage engine asap. If this is
finished no such problems with different interfaces will occur anymore. So
please read the proposal I sent some days ago, say your opinion and _help
implementing_ it. I know there are a lot of XML guys on this list - with the
power of these guys the code should be no problem!

> I have today download the 0.5.5 Version and compiled under JDK 1.1.8 (from IBM too). I had a little trouble with the ...NodeImpl.java, but now it's work.
> The next day's I will test it.

Mybe it is possible to compile a list of "stable environments". There are lots
of different JDKs on different operating systems ....

Regards,
Lars
Lars Martin                                 mailto:lars@smb-tec.com
SMB GmbH                                     http://www.smb-tec.com