Re: Storing DOM Directly into the DB

On Wed, 15 Oct 2036, bhat prashanth wrote:
> HI,
>
> Lets say I have Created a DOM Using SUN's DocumentBuilder. Is it Possible to
> directly Store this XML DOM using OZONE Persistent DOM Parser into the
> database without serializing it into a file and then parsing it using
> XercesDOMParser and then Store it using OzoneDOM Parser.

Yes, org.ozoneDB.xml.util.OzoneDOMParser provides a method storeDocument
(Document doc, String docName), which does exactly what you need: it takes a
transient DOM and stores it in the database and returns a persistent copy
of your original document.

Right now I'm about to unify the ozone/XML API and rework parts of the
implementation. So, if you find the current API confusing (and execution
sometimes slow), then stay tuned, I will have some news for you soon ;)