Re: Security Implementation in Ozone

On Mon, 11 Sep 2000, Pelle Braendgaard wrote:
> I'm working on an opensource financial application (http://neudist.org)
> using Ozone.
Wow, great! What kind of things do you plan to do with ozone?

> I have been having strange problems with the permissions and user
> database etc in Ozone.
> As I'd like to help out with Ozone, I've been going through the source code
> trying to find out whats going on, at it looks like Security hasn't been
> worked on too much at the moment.
This is true. Security hasn't been an issue for us yet so we did not focus on
it. Our first approach was to completely rely on the security features of the
underlying OS. But in some cases this doesn't work. So we introduced the login
with name and passwd. But no work has been done here yet to support this.

> Who has been working on Security. What priorities and design ideas do you
> have for Security. Or should I just go ahead and come up with my own
> suggestion.
This would be great!