RE: XMLContainer & LinuxPPC Install

Title: RE: XMLContainer & LinuxPPC Install

>RobK, you wrote:

>>I'm trying to get ozone working
>>on my LinuxPPC 1999Q3 (Derived from Redhat 6.0)
>>box.
>>
>>Using ant I get something that says signo(11) (from memory).
>>Which doesn't look very promising, again I will post
>>the full text of the error.

>I have the latest Yellow Dog Linux/ppc distribution on a machine at
>home.  I do not remember what glibc and kernel version the LinuxPPC Q3
>release has, but did you check that you have something newer than glibc
>2.1.3 (I thought LinuxPPC 1999 came with 2.1.1 but I could be wrong) and
>kernel 2.2.14pre6.  I was getting signo 11 errors at one point when I first
>installed 1.3 on an earlier version linuxppc which I think were a result of
>threads... the download page for the Java PPC Linux port says these are
>required for working threads with 1.3.

I'll have to check, but I believe I'm running 2.1.3f, which I got
from the Java PPC page, as far as the Kernel... well, I'm
being a little gutsy, I'm running 2.4-test10pre8. I will double
check on the glibc tonight (which is why this is forwarded to my
home account), and re-install 1.3 following the directions to
the letter. :)

It is reassuring that you were getting that message as well! Phew, I'm
not the only one.

>I do not remember if I built Ozone on that machine or if I built it at work
>and just installed it on the LinuxPPC machine at home, but I'd be willing
>to assist in any way if needed (for instance, I can get a new copy and see
>if it compiles on it tonight if you'd like)...
I'll take you suggestion of upgrading to > 2.1.3 which I probably
should do any way.  If that doesn't turn the trick, I'll
email you the exact message I got.

>Kevin

Thanks for the help!!!!

RobK