Re: XQL project update

This all sounds not that bad ;) Thanks Ann, for your work and this status
message. The first ozone based DOM implementation is included in last release
package. (so there is something to play with) It is very slow but so far it
plays with OpenXML. Another problem is the "node explosion". DOM nodes are
often very small and so the db overhead is huge currently. We will work on both
problems. As a next step we consider integrating the DOM stuff into the ozone
core. The goal is to represent the entire db content as DOM. This seems to be a
great way to put an end at the "query language (and ad hoc tools) in ozone"
debate because it will be possible to use any DOM based tool to visualize,
query and manipulate an ozone db. Ann, I think this was your intention from the
start. Sorry, it tooks me some time to get this point ;) _And_ it will be
tricky to implement this. Anyway, together with the XPath we could have a
great foundation to build a complete XML repository.

Falko