Re: XML Server, URL references

Falko Braeutigam wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, Zvi Avraham wrote:
> > it's just an example,
> > anyway URL interface it's just external servlet, which connect to the
> > Ozone server,
> > it's not the core.
> This exactly is what I had in mind. Of course we should be able to lookup
> XML documents via URL but this can be an interface provided by a servlet
> (included in the ozone distrib).
>
> On the other hand inside ozone there is no hierarchical object system or
> something like this. The objects can have any name you like, no other way to
> find an object (XML document). So we have to think about the structure and
> services that ozoneXML (seen as the "ideal" XML server ;) should provide on top
> of DOM, XPath, XQL, maybe XOQL, and XSLT. Naming of documents (Anns idea?) is an
> important point here.

eXcelon have it's own filesystem - called XMLStore,
u can import/export files between native and their filesystems.

I think for the first time, each Persistent document can be in it's own named root ?

Then we need some Virtual Filesystem, where XML stored as PDOM, and other files
stored as Ozone BLOB's.