deadlocks

On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Zvi Avraham wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I retested my Cocoon OzoneProducer with Ozone 0.3.2.
> The problem now that when I accessing already stored documnet not by
> DOMConverter,
> Ozone client entres to deadlock ...
>
> So all this examples of printing XML document using OpenXML, XSL:P printers just
> stuck and nothing going on ...

You can produce deadlocks with just one client connection????

The problem of ozone and cocoon is that coccon assumes that the DOM is an
in-memory DOM - its entire architecture is based on this idea. So it is not
possible for the OzoneProducer to just retrieve the DOM from ozone and give it
to cocoon because cocoon will probable change the DOM tree before it will
finally change ot to HTML and give it to the client. When using the DOM
retrieved from the ozone DB this will change the db content too! And this is
probably not what you want. Zvi, how did you address this problem? Can you send
us the code of your OzoneProducer? We may better find the problem this way. You
know cocoon, we know ozone - maybe it's a good idea to work together on the
OzoneProducer.

Falko