RE: DB API on top of ozoneXML

Hi Lars,

> Any help is welcome. See below...
> I'll check in empty implementations so anybody who's interested can
> fill them with flesh.

Ok, sounds good. As soon as the tests are done I'll start working on the
internals of the classes you put up there.

> > I'm writing tests to check Level-0 and Level-1 conformity
> respectively. Give
> > me a couple of days more and I'll be ready to send it your way.
>
> A test suite would be great. Do you think that those tests are heavily
> dependent on ozone. If this is not the case - what the API is designed
> for - we can ask to donate this suite to the XML:DB initiative to
> provide vendor neutral tests.

Not heavy dependent on Ozone at all so if the XML:DB team would like to have
it, great. I just want to put something together that allows for testing of
possible scenarios for Level-0 conformity first so that each aspect/feature
can be tested by itself and all together. I guess it would be nice to use
Junit or something but I want to make it useful first and beautiful later so
I've taken a similar approach to the examples in Ozone (i.e. simple java
classes that proves a point and displays a set of features). Maybe we
approach the XML:DB team with our feedback from building support for their
API, maybe suggestions for changes, test suites etc. when we have gone
through the process.

Best regards,
Per