Re: HELP required!!!

On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, madhav shyam wrote:
> Hi!
>
> >All ozone API are pure Java. So it isn't possible to use ozone from a C
> >client
> >out_of_the_box- However, you may add a wrapper on top of ozone to allow C
> >client to connect the database. For XML data this could be very small. If
> >you
> >need more then a CORBA wrapper seems a considerable solution.
> >
> >Why do you want to use ozone together with a C client? Aren't there any
> >C/C++
> >solutions out there?
>
> Thanks for the response but I need more details of how can the wrapper be
> written.I have a C program which produces XML output and finally I need to
> store this values to be stored in OZONE database.Here OZONE database is
> required by the project.Or is there anyone who already have this particular
> wrapper kind of thing.
No, I dont't think so. But JDK1.2 already contains a complete ORB and all you
need to build a CORBA wrapper for ozone. (is this true?) However, if you only
need a simple API, this could be done 'by hand'. Anyway I'm not sure if such a
C->Java solution would really meet your needs. But a CORBA wrapper would be
much cooler... ;)