Re: XML and JNDI

On Mon, 09 Aug 1999, Zvi Avraham wrote:
> >%_Sorry I was talking about OpenXQL not Arkin's OpenXML :)
> OpenXQL is open-source XQL engine, when OpenXML is XML parser.
>
> GMD-IPSI  Persistent DOM (PDOM) implementation stores XML documents in
> PDOM files, which organized in pages, each containing 128 DOM nodes of variable
> length.
>
> http://xml.darmstadt.gmd.de/xql/xql-examples.html
>
> "Using the persistent DOM (PDOM)
  :
[snip]

Except for cluster compression, all the persistency features of PDOM are already
implemented in ozone. Plus features of a multi-user server (if needed) and
features to fine tune cluster management.
It seems that PDOM does not cut the DOM to limit the number of independently
stored nodes. If this is no problem, we only need to implement DOM on top of
OzoneObject and we are done!?!?