Re: Ozone on JDK1.3: any benchmarks?

> BTW: the first version of our persistent DOM implementation is nearly finished.
> It will come with the next release of ozone.

Wonderful!

>  XML parsing/querying could be a good
> benchmark

An excellent idea, and I will make a note of it.

P.S.
IBM is currently known to be chasing high-speed XML
as they believe it to be the future of e-commerce.  If IBM has a language emphasis,
its definitely Java, but if they have a technology emphasis, its definitely XML
these days.  Microsoft is going totally XML and even has a whole new technology
line built around a proprietary flavor of XML, "BizTalk".  This to continue to gain
inroads
against IBM, Sun, and the other high-end server vendors.

Best Wishes,

Ann Tecklenburg